Important Deadlines & Reminders
New Transfer Student Orientation
All New Fall 2019 Transfer Students are required to attend New Transfer Student Orientation
Please call 1-619-594-1509, Office of New Student and Parent Programs, if you have questions related to transfer orientation.
All Transfer Students:
Read About New SDSU Registration Timeline Information
Learn More About the New Registration Timeline
The new registration timeline will:
- Continue efforts to advance student success and achievement
- Make it easier for students to meet with advisers, develop academic schedules and register
- Allow students to better plan for other opportunities such as work, internships and student organization participation
- Give academic units ample time to facilitate and fulfill course demands
SDSU Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement
- Transfer students are eligible to take the WPA once they have received an offer of admission.
- All transfer students are encouraged to take the WPA as early as possible to avoid future registration holds.
- Take the WPA by the last test date offered during your first semester at SDSU to avoid registration holds.
- If you are in one of the majors listed below, you are required to take the WPA prior
to attending New Student Orientation:
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Connect with peers who share the same goals as you! Connect with our official transfer student organization. Get involved in a leadership role to help support and advance the success of transfer students at SDSU. Connect!